Saturday, January 17, 2009

CNY Card from Penang!

Guess what we got in the mail today?

A Chinese New Year card from Malaysia! Well, Penang to be more precise. We were pretty excited to receive a CNY card in the mail (yes, I know we are a bit jakun but nobody sends cards through snail mail these days, so we have the right to be excited).

It's from my Tua Tneoh, Tua Ee and family! For those of you who doesn't speak Hokkien, Tua Tneoh means 'eldest brother in law of my mother' and Tua Ee means 'eldest sister of my mother'. I just love the Chinese language, you immediately know how one is related to another family member just by the way you address somebody.

Here is a photo of Tua Tneoh, Tua Ee, my parents with the rest of my mother's siblings and spouses taken two Chinese New Years ago in Penang. It's really a bummer that we won't be able to go back to Malaysia for Chinese New Year this year. I will surely miss out on all the food, fun, family reunion as well as the 'gambling'! Oh well, maybe next year :(

To Tua Tneoh, Tua Ee, Alex, Adeline and little Alyssa...thanks for the CNY Card! Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of you!!

2 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your parents look so young!! Oh my, look at your mum, I can't believe she's your mum. She looks like your sis!

Charlene n Kevin said...

Hahahaha thanks! Yeah, many people have commented that she looks good for a 54 year old! :D