Saturday, January 10, 2009

Football Theology??

Kevin is still feeling sick today. Therefore, we did not go out but stayed home all day. Just as well, I don't think we would have gone out even if Kevin wasn't feeling sick. The snow storm started sometime around noon and it's expected to go on until early tomorrow morning. Then the icy rain will start. The weather is really bad out there today. This photo was taken earlier in the day...
Soon, the snow began to fall and in a space of a few hours, there was a total white out!

Brrr....looks cold! I'm glad we are nice and warm indoors. On a separate note, we managed to catch the Titans vs. Ravens game on TV this afternoon. We would usually only watch Steeler games but this is the playoffs. So, we decided to watch. Also, the winner of this game will play the winner of the Steelers vs. Charges game that will be played tomorrow.

Guess what's the score of the game? Titans - 10, Ravens - 13!!! Yup, you got that right! I couldn't believe it either. What an upset. For those of you who don't follow football, this is basically the story. The Titans are ranked number 1 in the AFC conference. They played well all season, only losing a total of 3 times out of the 16 games they played. A lot of people thought that they will go on to win the Superbowl. After playing so well and hard all season, to lose now in this all important game, when it matters the most and be out of the running for the Superbowl, I really feel for them.

This got me thinking about my journey in life as a Christian. I do not want to be like the Titans. Starting out all strong, doing the right stuff and making all the right decisions. After a while, when players get injured or when things get difficult, the team starts to lose focus. In the end, when it matters the most, the #1 team, the team everybody thinks is going to win....fails to deliver. This is just a little reminder to me that not only do I want to start well, but I want to finish well. Sometimes there might be distractions along the way but we must not lose our main focus. One day, when my life on earth is done and the Lord calls me home, I would want Him to look at me and say " Well done, my good and faithful servant" :)

No comments: