Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon

Here is another simple but super yummy recipe. Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon....mmm mmm mmmm. I can feel my arteries clogging up just by reading that :P Yes, I know. It can be a little unhealthy, with all the bacon and cheese :P Oh well, little indulgence once in a while is alright. It's not that you are gonna be eating this for dinner everyday. If I had a choice, I would though, it's just so gooooood! Anywayssss, here's how you make it.
Start off by pounding some chicken breast into really thin pieces. Try to make it to be as thin as possible.
Then, place a piece of mozzarella string cheese in the middle of the chicken breast. You can cut the string cheese into half if it's too long.
Roll up your chicken, making sure that the piece of cheese is nicely wrapped up.
Next, roll a strip of bacon around the chicken. Remember to overlap the bacon when you roll it up, cause it will shrink when it's cooked.
Then, place the chicken rolls on to a lightly greased baking dish.
Pop it in a 350F for about 45 minutes and it's done! See how the cheese just oozes out from the side? Soo good! :D I served it up with some flavored rice and a side salad with garlic cheese croutons, drizzled with some honey mustard dressing. Yummy stuff!

4 comments:

Heatherfeather said...

Your dinner looks really yummy :) I make something similar too - such a great, easy dish. I like the idea of the cheese stick in there, I have usually used a soft spreadable cheese. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

Charlene n Kevin said...

thanks! yeah, the original recipe called for cream cheese but i didn't have any in my pantry, so i decided to 'experiement' with string cheese. worked out well :D

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! Your recipes are great and I just love your stories!

Charlene n Kevin said...

thanks! :D