Thursday, April 1, 2010

T.G.I. Friday's - Clifton, NJ

We couldn't decide where to go for Kevin's birthday last night. He was really tired from work and didn't feel like going anywhere far. I remembered T.G.I. Fridays sent me a "Buy One Entree, Get One Free" a while back, and since the outlet in Clifton is only about 15 minutes or so away from us, we ended up going there.
By then time we arrived, it was already packed with people. I was pretty surprised actually, with it being a weekday and all. We were pretty fortunate to get a table at the back, without having to wait. I think if we were to arrive just a little bit later, we might have to wait for a table.
Since we knew that the portions will be big, we decided to share an appetizer. We couldn't decide between the Pick Three For All or the Jack Daniels Sampler. In the end, we went with the Jack Daniels Sampler ($13.99). The sampler is made up of Crispy Cajun Spiced Shrimps, Sesame Jack Chicken Strips and some super tender Baby Back Pork Ribs. It also came with a small tub of Jack Daniels glaze. The glaze was so good, I even used it on my steak later on :P
For my main, I ordered the Sirloin Steak and Lobster Tail ($18.99). It comes with a side of Baked Potato and Steamed Broccoli. Since I am not really a big fan of Baked Potatoes, I swapped my Baked Potato for some Sweet Potato Fries. My steak was a little bit overcooked (I ordered medium well and it came almost well done) but it was still good. It was even better after I poured on some of the Jack Daniels glaze from the appetizer. The lobster tail was great, really fresh and yummy!
Kevin ordered the Petite Sirloin and Half a Rack of Ribs ($18.99). He had a choice of two sides and he chose Baked Potato with Sour Cream & Butter and Coleslaw. He said both his steak as well as the ribs were really good. I guess nothing is yummier than slow cooked baby back ribs with the oh so yummy Jack Daniels glaze.

Overall, it was a good dinner. What's even better is, we got one of the entrees for free! Yup, that's right. With my coupon, I got the Steak and Lobster tail for free! The whole dinner, including a refillable Raspberry Ice Tea and Coke for only $38.56 (before tax and tip). Not too bad, not too bad at all :D


T.G.I. Friday's - Clifton, NJ
826 State Route 3
Clifton, NJ 07012
Tel: (973) 778-1828
Web: http://www.tgifridays.com/

No comments: