Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tean's Gourmet Chicken Curry

I tried making some Catfish Curry using Tean's Gourmet Assam Fish paste a while back and it turned out great! When I bought the Assam Fish paste, I also bought a pack of Chicken Curry paste. Since the fish curry taste really authentic, I was pretty eager to try out the chicken curry paste. So, I made some for dinner tonight.

Just like the fish curry, this chicken curry was also really easy to make. Firstly, pour in the curry chicken paste into a wok. Allow it to cook for a little. You know that it's ready when you can smell the "oh so yummy" curry smell slowly filling the kitchen.

Next, add in the chicken pieces and potatoes. I used thighs and drumsticks (about 1.5kg) that I deboned earlier. I love to remove the bones from my chicken because it cooks faster and it's easier to eat. As for the potatoes, I use about 2 medium size potatoes (cut it into cubes). Stir fry the chicken and potatoes with the curry paste.

After about 5 minutes, add in about 400ml of water.

Mix everything up and allow it to go to a boil. Let it simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, allowing the chicken and potatoes to cook. Remember to stir occasionally.

Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked, add in about 200ml of coconut milk. Stir it and let it go to a quick boil. Turn off the heat after that.

There you go. The chicken curry is now cooked and ready to be served.

I served the chicken curry over some hot steaming white rice. The perfect way to enjoy some freshly made curry.

The chicken curry tasted great and it was really yummy. I must say that it tasted really authentic too. I guess the paste from Tean's Gourmet is really good. So far, 2 out of 2 turned out well!! I still have a pack of Tean's Gourmet Sambal Tumis to try out. I hope it's as yummy as the Assam Fish and Chicken Curry paste. I let you know once I've tried it! ;D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chicken curry is looking good! I made fish curry with the same paste. Tean's brand of curry and assam fish paste are really authentic. It's not widely available in Chicago though.