Podany's Pumpkin Seeds
- big bowl of raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds under cold water. Try to pick out as much pulp as possible. Note: It's easiest to clean when you have just removed the seeds from the pumpkin, before the pulp dries.
- Dry it off with a kitchen towel.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the seeds with melted butter. Sprinkle a little bit of salt in the mixture.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet. We sprayed on some PAM (non stick cooking spray) onto the baking sheet first to prevent the seeds from sticking.
- Roast in oven for 45 mins. Remember to stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Allow to cool for 20 mins before eating.
We prefer the original roasted pumpkin seeds taste. However, some people would sprinkle some Lawry Seasoned salt or garlic powder to the mixture before roasting. Another variation is to sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto the seeds 10 mins before you take it out of the oven.