Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crispy Herb & Corn Meal Chicken

I saw this recipe behind a jar of Quaker's Yellow Corn Meal and decided to try it out. It turned out to be pretty yummy, so I'll share it with all of you.

First, measure out 1/2 cup of corn meal and place it in a mixing bowl.

Add in 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.

Now it's time to add in the herbs. 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt and some freshly cracked black pepper. Combine all the ingredients and set it aside.

Cut up your chicken into smaller pieces. I used three pieces of deboned chicken thighs. Dip the chicken into some milk.

Coat it with the corn meal mixture.

Arrange the chicken in a single layer on a greased baking dish.

Brush the chicken with some melted margarine.

Pop the baking dish into a 400F oven for about 40-45 minutes.

Remove the baking dish from the oven once then chicken is golden brown and allow it to stand for a few minutes.

I served the Crispy Herb & Corn Meal Chicken with Cornbread Stuffing and some Garlic & Herb Mash Potatoes. I'm glad I decided to try out this recipe, it's pretty simple to make and it's definitely good to eat!

No comments: