Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pasta With Ricotta & Bacon

I was looking for simple recipes online when I found a pasta recipe from the Dec-Jan 2007 issue of Every Day With Rachael Ray. It looked pretty yummy and really simple to make. So, I decided to try it for dinner last night. She used Penne for her Pasta with Ricotta and Bacon recipe but I used Rotini instead (had half a box of that sitting in my pantry). I guess you can make this with pretty much any type of pasta.

First, chop up about 1/2 lbs of bacon and place it in a medium pan. Fry the bacon until crisp.

Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. I would always try to get as much grease and oil off the bacon as possible. Leave the bacon fat in the pan.

Slice one large onion and add it to the pan with the bacon fat. Cook it until it turns golden brown, which will take approx 10 minutes.

While you are frying up the bacon, start boiling a pot of salted water. Add some oil in it. Once its boiling, put in the rotini. By now, you should be starting with the onions. Allow the pasta to cook until al dente. Reserve a ladle of cooking water and then drain the pasta.

After draining the pasta, return it to the pot. Stir in the onions and the whole milk ricotta cheese (at room temperature) into the pasta along with the reserved pasta cooking water.

Once it's evenly mixed, dish it out onto a plate, crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the pasta along with some chopped fresh basil. Now it's ready to be served. I find the recipe to be a tad bit too creamy for me but Kevin likes it. If you are a fan of yummy creamy pasta, then this one's for you. It's really simple to make and great to eat!! Simpy delish!

No comments: