Thursday, April 2, 2009

Simple Chicken Parmigiana

I went to the oral surgeon this morning to remove the stitches from my gums. He said that it looks like it's healing great and the pain will go away very very soon. Actually, since yesterday, there wasn't much pain anymore. I was able to eat a small piece of chicken (just cut it into tiny pieces :P) and some other solid food. Soooo, after I got back form the oral surgeon, I decided to start making regular food for dinner tonight. Something simple, fast and yummy!
This is my own version of Chicken Parmigiana. The first thing to do is to debone some chicken thighs. Just remove the bone and all the excess fats from the thigh.

Once you have done that, it should look like a flat large piece of chicken chop.

The next thing to do is to coat and marinade the chicken. I used my favorite thing ever...Shake N Bake! It's just to easy to use and yummy to eat (if there is no Shake N Bake available in your area, just mix some Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste). Pour some Shake N Bake on a plate.

I know that the correct way to Shake N Bake is put the chicken pieces into a plastic bag, pour in some Shake N Bake and shake it around to coat the chicken pieces. That method works well with small pieces of chicken but not large ones like this. So, just pour it on a plate and coat the chicken well on both sides.

Pour some Marinara/Pasta Sauce into a baking dish. Make sure it covers the entire bottom of the dish.

Place the coated chicken thighs (skin side facing upwards) on the Marinara sauce.

Pour some Marinara sauce on top of each chicken thigh.


Put it in the oven at 400F for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Once it's cooked, remove it from the oven.

Put a slice of cheese on top of each chicken thigh. I used Swiss cheese but your can pretty much used any type of cheese. Mozzarella and Provolone taste pretty good too. Pop it back into the oven for about 8 minutes or until the cheese melts.

There you go! A very simple and yummy tray of Chicken Parmigiana.

I served the Chicken Parmigiana on top a bed of Butter & Herb Spaghetti. To make the spaghetti, just cook the spaghetti til al dente and toss it in butter and herbs. Quick and simple ;P

2 comments:

Simply June said...

OMG!!! Great minds think alike...I wanted to make this, these couple of days.... Well, either this or Chicken Marsala.........

Charlene n Kevin said...

I know!! I was thinking of making some Quesadillas when poof! You made some that day!! Hahahaha!