Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crunchy Cornflakes Chicken

I found this recipe printed on the back of a cornflakes box the other day. So, I decided to try it to see if it's good. It turned out to be pretty good actually. I just love how it's so easy to make and the smell of the cornflakes while you bake the chicken in the oven is just so yummilicious!

To start off, combine 1/3 cups of all purpose flour, 1/2 a teaspoon of basil leaves, 1/8 teaspoon of ground thyme, 1/8 teaspoon of crushed rosemary leaves and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper in a bowl.

Then, add in about 1/3 cup of milk.

Next, add in about 1/4 cup of melted butter.

Mix all the ingredients together well.

Then, dip your chicken pieces ( I used some chicken thighs that I had earlier de boned) into the flour mixture.

Coat your chicken pieces immediately with some crushed cornflakes. Make sure that it's evenly coated.

After coating, place the chicken pieces on a greased baking dish.

Pop it into a 375F oven and bake for about 55-60 minus, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the coating is golden brown.

Here's the chicken after I took it out of the oven. Don't they look yummy? I love how it was really crunchy on the outside but juicy in the inside. I served the chicken with a side of mash potatoes and stuffing. I would say that it's not too bad a recipe, I will definitely make this again :D

No comments: