Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nakano Salmon Salad Recipe

I was surfing the net for some new and interesting recipes earlier today when I stumbled upon Mizkan.com. I was pretty excited because it's been a while since I have been on such a good recipe site. The Salmon Salad made with Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar caught my eye. It looks really appetizing and it wasn't all that hard to make. Since Mizkan is the global leader in premium liquid condiments, I figured the recipe must be good. Boy, was I right!

Before I share the recipe with you, let me tell you a little bit more about Nakano All Natural Seasoned Rice Vinegar. It's such a versatile and handy product to have in your kitchen. You can pretty much use it on anything! All you need to do is splash some onto your dishes, be it grilled chicken, pasta or baked potatoes. You can also use it on salads and hot vegetables. Yeah, that's right. It can be used as a healthier alternative to sour cream, butter or salad dressing. Nakano All Natural Seasoned Rice Vinegar is made from real rice and contains 50% less sodium then their competition. Not only that, it's also low in calorie, fat free, gluten free and most importantly, it's all natural! Since it's all naturally brewed, it has a very nice, subtle and distinctive taste.

I don't know about you, but every time I go to the store to buy some rice vinegar, I get somewhat confused. there are so many different types and brands! This Salmon Salad recipe calls for the Seasoned Original. Be sure to look for the right rice vinegar. Here is a little tip. To find Nakano's All Natural Seasoned Rice Vinegar, always look for the red cap! It makes it easier to find. Save $1 on Nakano Rice Vinegar when you sign up at the Mizkan website. All you need to do is fill in your particulars, then you can download and print your coupon. It's that easy. Anyway, as promised, here is the recipe for Nakano's Salmon Salad.

Salmonsalad


INGREDIENTS

2/3 cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar Roasted Garlic or Original
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided
4 salmon fillets, about 5 ounces each
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
16 asparagus spears
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon capers Hearts of Romaine lettuce

METHOD

Combine rice vinegar, garlic, salt and 1 teaspoon dill weed to make dill vinaigrette; stir well. Place salmon fillets in a shallow non metallic container. Add 4 tablespoons dill vinaigrette; marinate 30 to 60 minutes. Drain salmon and discard marinade. Grill or saute salmon, starting with the skin side down, until cooked as desired. Cover and set aside.

Add olive oil to remaining vinaigrette. Blanch asparagus and place in shallow, rimmed dish. Drizzle 3 tablespoons vinaigrette over asparagus. Combine tomatoes, capers, 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and remaining 1/2 teaspoon dill weed.

To serve, arrange lettuce leaves and 4 asparagus spears on each serving plate. Remove skin from salmon and place one fillet on each plate. Spoon a generous ribbon of tomato mixture over salmon, lettuce and asparagus. Serve with remaining dill vinaigrette, as desired.

NOTE:
This recipe serves 4
Salmon may be served hot or at room temperature.


There you go! Nakano's Salmon Salad recipe. If you like this recipe, you should join the NAKANO Splash Recipe Club. Not only do they have great recipes, but they also send really cool newsletters that have cooking themes. For example, the latest one was all about Caribbean flavors. Also, go check out Mizkan.com. There are lots of great tasting recipes and easy splash tips to share.


Post?slot_id=

2 comments:

Heatherfeather said...

Thanks for the link to this one Charlene, I use a lot of rice vinegar (since I cook so much Japanese food). I appreciate the link to the coupon, one I will use as long as I can get this brand in my area.

Charlene n Kevin said...

I'm glad you like it. Yeah, you totally rock when it comes to Japanese food. I love you recipes, they look so pretty!