Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crunchy Cornflake Cookies

Now that I have a hand mixer, there is no excuse not to bake cookies! I decided to try baking a few batches of Cornflake Cookies. They are my favorite type of cookies, especially during this Chinese New Year season.

They are pretty easy to make. It's my first time baking cookies from scratch, so when I say it's pretty easy, trust me, it's pretty easy :D This are all the ingredients that you will need to make them. Oh, all this and flour. I forgot about the flour when I took that photo :P

First, you would need to mix 1 and a 3/4 cups of flour with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a big bowl. Set that mixture aside.

Next, crack 2 large eggs in a bowl and beat it with a fork. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence into the eggs and also set it aside.

Add 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of softened butter. Whisk the butter and sugar until it becomes white, light and fluffy.

Once the butter and sugar mixture is white and fluffy, add in the eggs mixture. Mix it well.

Then, add in the flour mixture.

Continue mixing all of the ingredients together.

Crush about 5 cups of cornflakes using a masher ( or Ziploc bag with a rolling pin).

Add in the cornflakes into the cookie dough and mix it well with a spatula.

Using two teaspoons, pick up some dough and form it into a tiny ball.

Coat the tiny dough ball with more crushed cornflakes.

Drop the dough balls onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.

Pop it into the oven (preheated to about 340F) for about 20-25 minutes.

There you go! Crunchy Cornflake Cookies! I just love the smell that fills the whole apartment when its baking. It's so yummylicious! Really yummy and easy to make!

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

I love cornflake cookies. I will try this for Christmas. Going to start my Christmas baking soon. Thanks for sharing.

Charlene n Kevin said...

Ohh I love cornflake cookies too. It's so simple to make and really yummy to eat! I hope you will like this recipe =)