Monday, January 12, 2009

Bone Suckin' Sauce!

Kevin's boss had to go to their Norfolk office for a couple of days a while ago and this is what he got Kevin when he came back. It's supposed to be one of the best BBQ sauces ever. Bone Suckin' Sauce, eh? Hahaha, I love the label though, no nonsense, just straight to the point :P

I decided to try out the BBQ sauce by making some BBQ ribs. We bought a large rack of ribs, put it in an extra large ziplock bag and poured in the BBQ sauce. We then left it to marinade for about 24 hours. The trick to get really juicy ribs is to cook it in an oven bag. So, we cooked it in an oven bag and only took it out of the bag for the last 20 mins or so. I mixed brown sugar with some more of the BBQ sauce and baste it onto the ribs every 5 mins for that last 20 mins. Here is the finish product. We served it with a side of potato salad. Verdict? It's reallllllllly Bone Suckin' gooood!!

We still had half a bottle left so we tried to make BBQ Chicken the following week. This time, instead of just marinating it with the sauce, I added some rosemary too. This sauce is a miracle sauce, it tasted as good on the chicken as it did on the ribs!! Here is a photo of the Roast Chicken with Stuffing and Corn.

Kevin's boss was right. This is the best sauce ever! I have been told that I might be able to find some for sale at some gourmet grocery shops here in NJ. Maybe I'll go check it out! Mmmm Mmm Mmmm...BBQ Ribs :P~~~

5 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh my, those ribs look darn good! I am drooling now!

aahhh-CHEW!!! said...

Charlene!!! Why is it so cold in NY??? ... just managed to get internet access ... thanks for the warning ... was delayed at the airport ... luggage not out till half an hour later ... our suppliers had been entertaining us these few days ... and we are trying to get everything done and stay in the hotel on Thurs and Fri because ... it's so COLD... hahahaha ...

aahhh-CHEW!!! said...

Hey I don't mind your "oh so the delicious Bone Suckin Ribs and Chicken" leh ... dare I brave the cold for them??? ... ahahaha ...

And why there is no telco service for me prepaid DIGI??? ... what the heck??? ... ahahaha ...

aahhh-CHEW!!! said...

Oh ... tomorrow me going to Buffalo ... to Niagara Fall!!! ... YAHOOOOO!!! ...

Charlene n Kevin said...

HFM: Thanks! It's all in the 'miracle sauce'...hahaha! Say, would you like to exchange links?

Aahhh CHEW: Cool, have fun in Niagara Falls..keep warm, ya? :D