Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Super Spicy Dinner!

Guess what we had for dinner today? :D

Yup! It's so easy to make. Some ikan bilis stock, add in the paste and the soup is ready! My whole kitchen smells so yummmy. The smell brings me back to my Tua Ee's kitchen in Penang. Ok, nothing beats Tua Ee's kitchen..but it's close enough.

Penang Hokkien Mee with loads of shrimp, bak kut (short ribs), hard boiled egg, beansprouts and fried onions. It's a little bit spicy ( my tolerance for spiciness is really low) but it's worth it! :D Kevin and I were sweating and drinking water non stop while eating the Hokkien Mee. It's spicy but it's just too good to stop...hahaha! Kevin had to down a tall glass of milk after dinner just to keep his lips from burning. I didn't expect it to be that spicy, it says "Moderate" on the box. We still had a good dinner though. Nothing beats a little bit of spicy kick on a cold winters night!

No comments: