Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve!

This New Years Eve is a little bit different from the rest. No, we didn't head out to the clubs to party and no, we didn't go to Times Square to watch the ball drop (it was -12C out there that night, no way am I going to stand out there for hours in that frigid cold!). I believe it's the first New Years Eve we spent at home, alone.

We made a nice New Years Eve dinner and pushed out the dining table to our huge windows. Boy, the view was amazing. It was such a clear night, we could the whole skyline of Manhattan, all lit up and looking great! This is what I call a dinner with a view :D

After dinner, we had a couple of drinks and watched the celebrations and countdown in Times Square on TV. Feels great to be able to snuggle in my warm comfy blanket instead of freezing in the super cold outdoors. Anyway, I believe that going out to Times Square for the countdown is an experience you only need to do once. I have gone once and that's enough for me. The crowds, the cold, the long lines to go home after the countdown..maybe when I was younger, but definitely not now. Hahaha!

We were also blessed enough to get to see about 6 fireworks displays from our apartment. Of course there was the Times Square fireworks, then there were a few downtown in the Financial District area, the fireworks from Central Park (which marks the beginning of the midnight 4 mile run) as well as a few from Harlem and the Hudson county in NJ. The ones in the photos are the downtown fireworks as well as the Central Park and uptown fireworks.

We had a nice quiet evening this year and I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed that. I guess it doesn't really matter where you usher in the new year, be it in some loud club with a party atmosphere or your own home. As long as you are with the people that means a lot to you, that's the best place you can be...

Happy New Year, Everyone!

4 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

but i wasn't there with you.. so does that mean your NYE was a little incomplete?

Hehehehe.. perasan-nya. ;)

Charlene n Kevin said...

You were...cos I was talking to you on MSN, remember? Then you had to leave to go to 1 Utama. So there!

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

hahahaha... ok lor. But i din get to share in the yummy food or look at the window. :(