Friday, November 21, 2008

9. Lulu's Noodles

If you are looking for some filling and inexpensive Asian food, Lulu's is the place to be. It's located in Oakland, somewhere near the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History. They offer a wide range of noodles, all kinds of noodles. For a noodle lover like me, I'm practically in heaven every time I go to Lulu's. If noodles are not your cup of tea, they also offer a good selection of rice bowls.
Everybody has their own favorite noodle dish. Kevin likes the Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup. The hand made noodles are specially flown in from San Francisco and the wontons are just filled with juicy shrimps. It's really good.

I have a few favourites. Yeah, I know...it's so good, I can't decide whats my favorite. One of them is the Thai Sweet Basil Beef with yellow noodles (shown in the photo). It's pretty much a fusion kind of noodle dish. Something different from the usual noodle dishes that we are used to. I also like the Chicken Curry Noodles, Singapore Fried Noodles as well as the Dr Fu's Special. Dr. Fu's is named after the famous Dr Freddie Fu. It's noodles with everything in it, covered in a thick brown sauce.

So, the next time you are in Oakland and you're in the mood for some oodles of noodles, head over to Lulu's. They would have the type of noodles you are hungry for and don't forget to wash it all down with their ever popular bubble teas!


Lulu's Noodles
400 S. Craig St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Tel: (412) 681-3333

No comments: