Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Pita Bread Pizza

I know it's been a while since I last shared any new recipes on this blog. Quite a number of you have asked me what's happening and why isn't there any more new recipes. Well, I've been pretty busy lately and haven't really had a chance to test out new recipes. However, I managed to try out a few really simple ones over the weekend. I'll start off with this. I made this simple pita bread pizza as a little midnight snack on Friday night but it will be good as a light lunch or afternoon snack too. It's really yummy and easy to make. Check it out.
Start off by heating the pita bread up in the oven or microwave. You can pretty much use any type of pita bread. I used garlic pita bread just cos that's what I had in my pantry. Once the pita bread is heated up, press it down to make sure that it's totally flat and place it on a baking sheet.
Next, spread some pizza sauce on the pita. Again, you can pretty much use any type of pizza sauce that you like. Just make sure that you do not spread on too much sauce. We do not want a soggy pizza! :P
Then, sprinkle on some shredded cheese onto the pita. I used a combination of mozzarella and provolone.
Now, this is the fun part! Time to put on the toppings! What you put on is entirely up to you. I used some chopped up franks, Virginia ham, green peppers and onions.
Sprinkle on more cheese. I added some freshly cracked black pepper on top of the cheese but that's optional.

Pop the baking sheet into a preheated 425F oven for about 8-10 minutes.
There you go! Doesn't it look yummy? It sure taste good! Not only does it taste good, but it's also so simple to make. Go ahead and try it. This recipe is a keeper!

No comments: