Monday, February 13, 2012

Cornflake Honey Joy Cups

If you were to ask me what is the one thing that I really miss about spending Chinese New Year back home in Malaysia, I would have to say - THE FOOD! Of course I miss spending time with my family, extended family and my friends too but missing out on the CNY goodies always bums me out each year. This year, I tried making one of my all time favorite CNY treat, the Cornflake Honey Joy Cups! Boy, I really love those tiny cups of awesome! I never really tried making them and I always assumed that they were really difficult to make. After checking out a few recipes online, I realized that they are really simple to make. Here's how you make them!
Start off by melting about 90g of unsalted butter in a large pan. Then add in 4 large tablespoons of honey.
Stir the honey into the melted butter and allow it to come to a boil. Remember not to let it overcook, cause it burns easily. Once you see it bubbling, you can turn off the heat immediately.
Then, add in about 4 cups of cornflakes.
Gently fold in the cornflakes with the honey butter mixture. Just make sure that you coat all of the cornflakes evenly with the mixture.
Next, scoop the cornflakes into tiny little paper cups. This recipes makes about 60 mini cups.
Pop in the tray of cornflake cups into a preheated 325F oven for about 12-13 minutes. You know it's done once it turns golden brown.
Once you have taken out the tray from the oven, sprinkle on some nonpareils colored balls as decoration. Allow it to cool for a bit and it's ready to be served! Wasn't that easy? The smell of the cornflake cups were just simply intoxicating when it was baking in the oven. So so so good! Go ahead and try it. It's awesome!

No comments: