Friday, October 22, 2010

My Dream Home Make Over

I'm sure many of you know that we are currently living in a one bedroom apartment. For now, this is perfect for us. We are relatively close to the city, have an awesome view of the NYC skyline, within walking distance to really beautiful park and there are plenty of restaurants, bars and grocery stores nearby. Also, the security in the building is great, there is an on site gym, and since it's so small (only about 850 sq ft), I do not really have to spend much time in keeping it clean! Perfect!

As perfect as our apartment sounds, we do sometimes think about how nice it would be if we had our own landed property. It would be nice have all that space and I bet our guests would appreciate having their own guest room whenever they visit, instead of having to sleep on the futon in the living room! What I really want is a huge kitchen. Oh yeah, a huge kitchen fitted with all the latest gourmet appliances. I haven't really decided if I want to go for the country look, with nice white cabinets and a huge island with a thick cherry grain butcher block countertop or if I should go for the modern look. If I were to go for the modern look, I would have dark granite countertops with stainless steel fixtures. That's right, everything would be stainless steel, from a huge stainless steel kitchen sink to stainless steel appliances.

Another thing that I really want if we were to get a landed property is a huge backyard. Just imagine, a nicely landscaped backyard with some water features, a huge grill, a fire pit and maybe an Adirondack chair or two. Sounds like heaven on earth. Ahh well, I guess the only thing we can do for now is dream. Who knows, this dream might turn into reality a couple of years down the road!

No comments: