Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sending Gifts to Malaysia =)

Firstly, I have to say that this is not a paid post. I just felt that this is worth sharing, cos I'm pretty sure that there are many Malaysians living abroad out there currently going through the same 'problem' as me. Every time a celebration comes around, be it birthdays of loves ones, my parents anniversary, Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day...ect (you get the picture), I would crack my head trying to figure out what presents to get my family and friends. Should I buy something here and send it home to Malaysia? Good idea, but shipping can be very costly. Should I just order some flowers from an online florist? Sure, but it's kinda boring, right? After searching all over the net, I found a few good places where I can buy 'gifts' and get them shipped to my home in Malaysia, without any problems. I will share with you four of my favorites. Check them out!
My all time favorite place to get gifts is RedRibbon Days. I blogged about them in March when i got my dad a gift from them for his 59th Birthday. Redribbon Days are a little bit different than your usual online gift shop. Instead of selling actually gifts, they sell experiences. For example, we bought my dad a "Traditional English Tea for Two at Carcosa Seri Negara" experience. We also recently bought my uncle a "Chocolate Fondue for Two at Chocolate Lounge" experience for his birthday. I like the concept of giving experiences as presents, just perfect for a man who has everything =) That's why, it's still one of my favorite places to go when I need to look for a gift for somebody home in Malaysia.
Another thing I would buy online as gift for friends and family back home are vouchers. There are two places that I would go to. Sunway Pyramid and Parkson sells vouchers online. What I love about Sunway Pyramid vouchers is that you can use it at many different retailers in Sunway Pyramid. From restaurants to Hair Salons to Jewellery Shops. You can even use it at Sunway Pyramid Ice (skating rink)!
This last place that I like to go to is a florist, but it's not just any other florist. Apart from just delivery flowers and cakes, they delivery a whole lot of other stuff. They have greeting cards, balloon bouquets, all kinds of gifts for men and ladies, teddy bears...they even deliver food! That's right. You can get them to deliver a bucket of KFC, a dozen Big Apple Donuts or even Secret Recipe cakes! You should check them out.
There you go. My list of places to go to when you need to send gifts back home to your friends and family in Malaysia. Do you know of any other places? Drop me a comment. I would love to checkout other new places too!! =)

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Hi Charlene,
Thanks for sharing this. Good to know that there are other options avail besides flowers. I like the one about 'buying' experiences. We have a similar one in Sydney, Oz called Red Balloon Days.