Monday, March 9, 2009

We'll be leaving tonight!

We'll be heading to Pittsburgh after work tonight and hope to get in no later than 2am (hopefully). Kevin's mom will be undergoing a total knee replacement surgery tomorrow and we will be in Pittsburgh until Thursday, just to be with her. Please pray for journey mercies for us (it's no joke driving 6 hours in the dark after a whole day at work) as well as for the operation to go on smoothly and also for a speedy recovery for Kevin's mom.
We do have Internet access in Pittsburgh but I am not sure if I will have the time to blog. If not, I'll see all of you on Thursday. Have a good week! :D
Note: For those of you who do not know what knee replacement surgeries are all about, click here. Just click on the START button under the "Virtual Knee Surgery" section. It's actually very good, you get to become the doctor and it takes you through the whole surgery, in cartoon form...check it out!

3 comments:

Twilight Man said...

What a reminder for me when my Japanese friend drove to Manhattan from Pittsburgh at night too, cutting through hilly short cuts I had never imagined! It was winter and we slept inside the freezing car at New Jersey waiting for Kinokuniya to open! Goodness, that Japanese was asshole to lure me there. I think I was bigger asshole to follow him coz I had never heard of Kinokuniya back then. My prayers are with you all and with Pittsburgh's superb medical facilities, I am sure she will be running again soon!

aahhh-CHEW!!! said...

Hey! Will pray for you guys, especially Kevin's mom ... for a smooth and safe operation ... and most important of all, the peace of God for the whole family ... God bless!!!

Charlene n Kevin said...

Twilight: Where in NJ was Kinokuyina? Edgewater?

aahhh-CHEW: Thanks so much!