Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Very Own Lil Bistro at Home

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always dreamt of opening up my very own bistro. In my bistro, there would be freshly made muffins, cookies and cakes sitting on the counter everyday. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked cookies would fill the entire shop, so strong that you can smell it a few blocks down the road. Mind you, this was back in the 80s, way before big coffee chains became popular. Yup, way before yuppies decided that sitting in a bistro with an overpriced skinny latte and bran muffin was the IN thing to do.

You know what? After all these years, that dream never really died. Yeah, in the busyness of life, it was pushed to the back for a bit. Of course opening up a real bistro at this point in my life is not an option, so I figured, why not bring that bistro into my home? After all, I already have a nice cappuccino and latte machine and I do bake ever so often. All I would need to do now is look at bistro sets and pick out a nice one! I could set it up by the big picture window in our apartment. How nice it would be to sit by the window, sipping on some hot chocolate or coffee while enjoying the view of the NYC skyline.

I have started to look around at bistro sets and boy! There are just so many different kinds! I do like the Hillsdale Cierra Bistro Set a lot. It looks really elegant and comfortable. However, I also like the Home Styles Kitchen Island with Bar Stools in Black and Cottage Oak. I love how you can just fold everything up and tuck it away when you are not using it. It's such a space saver! As much as I love those two sets, I am also loving the Wildon Home Ridgeway Soda Fountain Bar Table Set in Black. It looks like something directly out from a 50's diner! So cool! It's like bring back a slice of Americana into your home. So many choices, what should I pick? Oh, I can't wait to take one step closer to realizing my childhood dream, even if it means setting up a 'bistro' just for Kevin and I.

No comments: